Tuesday, May 3, 2016

CRACK: Day 3


May 3, 2016

Most of this day was uneventful. I realized that I have yet to take a look at the rather voluminous amount of information the VA gave me regarding my upcoming surgery. Not sure I will until maybe a few days before. It's just not something I want to dwell on.

Nick, our son living in Germany, talked with Jo today on the phone. He had researched everything he could find on Coronary Artery Surgery. Supposedly, this is now a procedure that is 97% successful. That's hopeful. It also helps that I'm not diabetic. It occurred to me that Jo, Nick and Chris have learned far more about all this than I have. I suppose that's fairly normal. A part of me just doesn't want to know.

I wrote above that "most" of the day was uneventful. However, late this afternoon Jo went out to get the mail, but on the way caught her foot on something, twisted and went down. I was unaware of this as I was out in the rear garage, and she was on the front side of the house. She said that she sat there for a while to collect herself, got herself up and somehow hobbled back into the house. She put some ice on it for a while, but didn't tell me about it. Finally, she came out and yelled for me to come up to the house.

The top of her left foot is badly swollen and turning blue. I think she may have actually broken a bone either in her ankle or the foot. A trip to some kind of "Immediate Care" is in store for us tomorrow morning. I suggested we go yet tonight, but she didn't want to do that.

This adds a little spice to our simmering stew.

TLS

No comments: